- Building Maintenance Worker
- Location: Peterborough
- Job Type: Customer Service
Building Maintenance Worker
We are looking for a Building Maintenance Worker to join our client’s team in Peterborough. The ideal candidate is a proactive, energetic person who applies exceptional repair and maintenance skills to clean and maintain the interior and exterior of commercial and residential buildings and their surrounding grounds.
This position is full-time covering the day shift with some overtime/on-call duty required.
What you will be doing:
• Perform various semi-skilled tasks in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment, construction and in general building maintenance (plumbing, drywall, painting)
• Assist various trades and others in their work
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual safety and security inspections and tending to matters found in a timely manner
• Perform general groundskeeping duties such as landscaping, snow removal, sand/salt building entrances and sidewalks, keep building entrances clean, collect garbage/recycling and tree and shrub trimming
• Provide packing slip/receipts for items purchased including building identification
• Picks ups/deliveries to tenants as required
What you need:
• At least 1 year of experience in building maintenance or similar role
• Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical and carpentry (HVAC systems would be an asset)
• Valid G class driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
• Able to properly and safely operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment (ex. snow blower)
• Good customer service skills, positive attitude
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Able to multi-task and prioritize work
• Able to push/pull/carry/lift heavy loads of approximately 50 pounds
• Able to work in all weather conditions
• First Aid skills and/or certificates would be an asset
Due to the nature of the position, applicants will be asked if they have ever been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm (some overtime/on-call duty will be required)
Rate of pay: $18.50 per hour + mileage paid
How to apply: Please apply below or phone our office at 705-745-6858 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.