Our client in Cobourg, Ontario, a local mortgage agent, is seeking an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant works under the direction of the Mortgage Agent and collaborates with the Cobourg office staff and Durham mortgage staff. It is the Administrative Assistant’s responsibility to provide excellent first impressions over the phone and in person and a 5-star client experience to all clients of the Mortgage Agent. This position is currently part-time, with the potential to become full-time in the future, with raises based on experience and training. It offers lots of opportunity for growth, as our client is interested in offering training and licensing for the right candidate.
– Answers incoming telephone calls in a friendly and professional manner, attempts to answer caller inquiries when possible
– Consistently greets clients, referrals, partners and staff when they arrive in the office in a professional and friendly manner with a positive attitude
– Completes and audits month-end files in an acceptable form
– Converts month-end files into digital format
– Collects documentation from clients when necessary
– Manages office supplies
– Manages office equipment as it relates to suppliers
– Confirms client meetings
– Makes phone calls to clients when necessary
– Updates client database with various items as per the procedure manual
– Manages the phone system
– Makes phone calls to law offices to ensure mortgage instructions are received on time
– Must be detail oriented
– Must have a consistently positive attitude
– Must be able to communicate well and have excellent telephone manners
– Must be comfortable and well versed with computers and technology
– Must be proficient with Microsoft office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel
– Social media knowledge is an asset
– Knowledge of ZOHO and Filogix is an asset
– Mortgage knowledge is an asset
– Must be willing to learn, eager to grow and have the ability to adapt to change
– Must be punctual and dependable
– Secondary School Diploma required
– Degree/Diploma in Business Administration or other related field is considered an asset
– Prior experience in Office Administration or related position is preferred
The hours are 9:00am to 1:00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and 12 noon to 4:00pm on Wednesdays and Fridays.
RATE OF PAY: $15.00 per hour
The opportunity exists for increased duties, hours and pay.
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below, phone our office at 905-377-8126 for more information or apply in person at Global Human Resource Centre, Suite #304, 1005 Elgin St W (The Fleming Building), Cobourg between the hours of 9:00am to 3:00pm with your resume and two pieces of I.D.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. is committed to treating all applicants with dignity and respect, we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.