- Assembly and Service Mechanic
- Location: South Durham
- Job Type: Industrial
Assembly and Service Mechanic
Global Human Resource Centre is hiring Assembly and Service Mechanics on behalf of our client in the Uxbridge area. This position is based near Uxbridge with some occasional field work and the potential to be moved to Newmarket. This position may become permanent for the right candidates!
We are seeking talented mechanics to join a small but dedicated team of individuals. The job requires assembling mechanical and hydraulic parts, and occasionally fabricating small parts, using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications.
Why Work Here?
This company offers a competitive salary, performance bonuses and future benefits package to their full-time/permanent employees.
• Read, interpret and follow written and oral instructions, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials and other instructions to accurately assemble a variety of parts
• Utilize a variety of hand-held tools such as electric drills, grinders, screw drivers, wrenches, measuring and cutting tools; Utilize a variety of shop equipment such as a mill, lathe, band saw and drill press
• Spray and brush paint onto parts
• Perform work checks to ensure quality standards are met, including bolt torque, alignment, rotation and contamination
• Identify part defects or damages, and rework and/or repair parts according to specification changes and instructions
• Occasionally travel to customer sites in Ontario to perform routine maintenance and inspections
• Complete check lists and documents relating to assembly processes, repairs and service work
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good reading and writing skills (must be able to read instructions and fill out documents)
• Basic computer and email navigation skills
• Able to rapidly troubleshoot problems, including in the field
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to stay focused on tasks and perform work accurately and thoroughly
• Able to lift 20-50 pounds regularly
• Good manual dexterity
• Good vision including close, distance, colour, peripheral vision, depth perception, and focus
• Able to tolerate skin contact with motor and hydraulic fluids, grease, paint and other chemicals
• Secondary School Diploma or GED required
• Suitable Technical training is an asset
• Minimum of 3 years of mechanical assembly experience and aptitude for continual learning
• Hands-on experience with building or repairing agricultural, construction or similar equipment is an asset
• Familiarity with mobile hydraulics and low voltage electrical systems is an asset
• Valid G Class Driver’s Licence required
• Must have own transportation to work
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 416-285-6858 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. is committed to treating all applicants with dignity and respect, we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.