- Facilities Maintenance Assistant
- Location: Peterborough
- Job Type: Industrial
Facilities Maintenance Assistant
Global Human Resource Centre is hiring a Facilities Maintenance Assistant on behalf of our client in Peterborough. This position is offering full-time hours (Monday-Friday) and may become permanent for the right candidate. We are looking for someone who thinks outside of the box and shows initiative.
• Help maintain the overall appearance of the facility
• Empty, collect, and remove indoor and outdoor garbage and recycling to appropriate external bins
• Exterior grounds maintenance (excluding grass cutting) during non-winter months
• Maintain safe exterior access to facilities; snow removal from walkways in winter with sanding and salting of sidewalks
• Responsible for basic plumbing and electrical needs
• Perform minor custodial and cleaning duties, clean/tidy kitchen and break room
• Maintain office appearance; vacuum carpet when necessary, remove salt/sand stains
• Wash floor with industrial machine
• Occasional transport of waste/recycling to offsite depots
• Assist with miscellaneous production responsibilities as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong work ethic
• Respectful and professional attitude
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of health and safety rules
• Able to lift, push, pull, and grip
• Able to lift 30 pounds comfortably
• Secondary School Diploma required
• Experience performing a full range of cleaning and custodial tasks
• Experience performing minor mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks (ex. replacing light bulbs, fixing plumbing, troubleshooting around the building)
• Valid G Class Driver’s Licence required
Due to the nature of the position, applicants will be asked if they have ever been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted.
SHIFT: Day shift (Monday to Friday)
• Candidates must be flexible with start time as it may fluctuate slightly
RATE OF PAY: $16.50 per hour
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 705-745-6858 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.