- Coil Line Mechanical Technician
- Location: Durham
- Job Type: Industrial
Coil Line Mechanical Technician
We are hiring a Coil Line Operator on behalf of our client in Whitby. This position is full-time (rotating between day and afternoon shifts) and will become permanent for the right candidate.
- Perform pre-shift inspection of machinery and enter information into log
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance and enter information into log
- Read blueprints
- Pile beams and uprights in rack, pile uprights and strap onto skids
- Use crane to load coils on decoiler, pull material from decoiler to feeder on machine
- Load and unload dies using lift truck
- Die set-ups and die changes
- Set up of all safety equipment, machinery and roll forming equipment
- Oil and grease stamping and roll forming equipment and make adjustments
- Quality control of parts being manufactured
- Assist when material handler is not available: put away coils, empty scrap bucket etc.
- Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA), observe all safety regulations
- Daily general housekeeping and clean up
- Attend all continuing education and required job related training provided by company
- Previous Overhead Crane experience required
- Overhead Crane certification is an asset
- Familiar with lockout/tag procedures
- Strong mathematical skills (will be required to pass an aptitude test)
- Able to lift 50 pounds comfortably
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Able to do repetitive tasks, such as bending and twisting
HOURS: 2 week rotation (days and afternoons)
Monday to Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm and Monday to Thursday, 3:30pm-1:30am
RATE OF PAY: $22.46 per hour (day shift) $23.11 per hour (afternoon shift)
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 905-377-8126 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.