- Location: Newmarket
- Job Type: Industrial
We are hiring an Estimator on behalf of our client in Newmarket. This position is full-time and will become permanent for the right candidate.
This company specializing in custom structural steel and HVAC systems. Career development, great benefits and a commitment to their employees are just a few reasons why many establish themselves with this company and remain for the rest of their career.
- Analysis of blueprints, plans, specifications, and scope of work.
- Prepare bids and proposals, complete takeoffs and estimates.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare parts of the estimate under the direction of the estimating staff.
- Maintain accurate files showing revisions and status.
- Carry out any other works or assignments related to estimating or tendering as required.
- Construction or Engineering diploma is an asset.
- Previous experience as an estimator an asset.
- Able to read and understand construction plans.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Good computer skills, including spreadsheet scheduling and construction related software (SolidWorks, AutoCAD)
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with others.
- Responsible, self-motivated, team player
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-4:30pm (may change according to job needs)
RATE OF PAY: $22.00-$25.00 per hour based on experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 416-285-6858 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.