- Student Landscape Technicians
- Location: Cobourg
- Job Type: Construction
Student Landscape Technicians
We are hiring students for the position of Landscape Technicians on behalf of our client in Port Hope. This is a seasonal position with full-time (day) hours.
The Landscape Technician is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks to complete Municipal Grounds Maintenance Service Contracts. The Landscape Technician will be required to operate a variety of tools and equipment to carry out specified job tasks.
- Aid in the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers in the AM and PM
- Cut grass, trim edges, clean up refuse, blow trimmings, fertilize and water turf areas and perform other lawn care duties as directed by supervisor
- Maintain Gardens in a neat/clean appearance, prune shrubs, till or flip mulch and weed.
- Move and install soil, mulch and plant material to assist with the construction of landscape gardens and related areas
- Spray and dust areas to control insects and or weeds
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, lawn tractors, lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, and snow blowers
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Assist supervisor in other work-related duties including construction projects, shop and yard maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Must always wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Experience in the landscape/construction industry an asset
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal instructions, read labels and signs, complete simple reports, report progress to supervisor
- Time management skills
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long periods of time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
HOURS: Monday to Thursday, 7:00am-5:00pm
RATE OF PAY: $16.00 -$18.00 per hour
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 905-377-8126 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.