- Line Cook
- Location: Cobourg
- Job Type: Industrial
Global Human Resource Centre is hiring casual Line Cooks for a new wellness retreat and spa located in Northumberland County. Only a 60 minute drive from Toronto, strategically located north of Cobourg, it lies among the lush, rolling hills of the Oak Ridges Moraine. This new facility will be offering wellness treatments, luxury accommodations, weddings, conferences and much more.
We are looking for 2 experienced Line Cooks to contribute to the success of an event on September 6th and 7th. Successful candidates will be in charge of preparing food items, cleaning and maintaining their station and practicing food safety and proper sanitation techniques during breakfast, lunch, high tea and dinner.
• Set up and stock all areas with required supplies
• Prepare all food items for service in a timely manner
• Follow recipes, controls, portions and presentation specifications as set by the Head Chef
• Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
• Handle, store and rotate all products properly
• Comply with all nutrition and food safety regulations
• Able to work efficiently in fast paced and high pressure environment
• Excellent time management skills
• Excellent oral communication skills
• Able to follow written and oral instructions
• Able to work as part of a team
• Secondary School Diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of 1 year of cooking experience in a restaurant or similar environment
• Food Safety certification is an asset
• Clean Criminal Record
• Access to vehicle or reliable transportation
• Must be available to work September 6th and 7th
RATE OF PAY: $14.00 per hour
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below, phone our office at 905-377-8126 for more information or apply in person at Global Human Resource Centre, Suite #304, 1005 Elgin St W (The Fleming Building), Cobourg between the hours of 9:00am to 3:00pm with your resume and two pieces of I.D.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. is committed to treating all applicants with dignity and respect, we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.