- Machine Shop Supervisor
- Location: Toronto
- Job Type: Industrial
Machine Shop Supervisor
Global Human Resource Centre is hiring a Machine Shop Supervisor on behalf of our client in Scarborough. This position is full-time (covering the day shift) Monday to Friday.
This company offers a competitive salary and an excellent group benefits package! They are a leader in custom roll forming and manufacturing solutions and have grown from a one-person operation to a global company. They provide solutions for building/construction, automotive, HVAC, and appliance industries and have shipped their products to over 35 countries.
• Manage day to day operations in machine/fabrication shop consisting of: CNC lathes, CNC milling machines, CNC boring mills, tool room, welding shop, and paint department
• Oversee and ensure that safe working procedures, good housekeeping practices, and all company policies are adhered to at all times
• Organize resources and workflow to maximize efficiencies and monitor daily performances
• Schedule, distribute, and control work assignments to provide smooth work flow of both priority and routine tasks, ensure efficient utilization of personnel so that production requirements are met in a timely manner
• Coordinate scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of shop floor equipment as necessary
• Provide leadership, support, and direction to employees on machining/technical challenge
• Be proactive to ensure a safe work environment and promote safe work habits at all times
• Conduct training for new employees
• Maintain ongoing and effective communication with plant manager, other supervisors, Cad-Cam programmer, and production scheduler with regards to daily activities/priorities
• Post-Secondary education and certification in a related technical discipline
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership position in a manufacturing environment
• Minimum of 5 years of CNC machining experience
• Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
• Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve issues with sound judgment
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player with excellent leadership skills
• Able to lift up to 30 pounds comfortably
• Must be able to work overtime on an occasional basis
HOURS: Monday-Thursday, 7:00am-4:30pm and Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below, phone our office at 416-285-6858 for more information or apply in person at Global Human Resource Centre, Suite #217, 777 Warden Ave, Scarborough between the hours of 9:00am to 3:00pm with your resume and two pieces of I.D.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.