- Certified Machinist
- Location: Lindsay
- Job Type: Industrial
Global Human Resource Centre is hiring a Machinist on behalf of our client in Beaverton. The ideal candidate will possess their Machinist Certificate of Qualification and have a minimum of 6 months of related work experience.
Why Work Here?
This company is a leading manufacturer in their industry. They provide extensive safety training/orientation as well as opportunities for continuous learning and development. This employer hires successful candidates on permanently and runs on a Monday-Friday schedule!
• Read drawings, blueprints, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to understand dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, tools to be used, materials needed, and setup requirements
• Communicate with supervisor, engineers, production control, and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues
• Select proper material, heat treat, and/or process for tooling requirements
• Operate Tool Room equipment as required (equipment that is not computer controlled – milling machine, lathe, grinders, radial drill, drill press, hoing machine, band saw, cut off saw, crane, shadowgraph, hydraulic press, pedestal grinder, and belt sander)
• Support continuous improvement initiatives and be part of and promote a team atmosphere
• Other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments (ex. calipers, ID and OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators, and scales)
• Knowledge of tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts, and other accessories used on various machines
• Must possess basic math skills including but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry, and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication
• Demonstrated aptitude in reading blueprints, diagrams, schematics, part drawings, manuals, and specifications
• Knowledge of Metallurgy (material selection and heat treating)
• Basic knowledge and understanding of die components
• Able to lift and carry 50 pounds comfortably
• Able to work in a noisy environment and stand for extended periods
• Able to work some overtime as required
• Must wear approved safety footwear and all other required PPE
• Secondary School Diploma, GED or equivalent required
• Certificate of Qualification for Machinist required
• Minimum of 6 months of work experience in a related position
RATE OF PAY: To be determined
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below, phone our office at 705-878-3633 for more information or apply in person at Global Human Resource Centre, Suite #10, 1 William St S, Lindsay between the hours of 9:00am to 3:00pm with your resume and two pieces of I.D.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. is committed to treating all applicants with dignity and respect, we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.