- Production Operator
- Location: Cobourg
- Job Type: Industrial
We are hiring Production Operators on behalf of our client in Cobourg. This position is full-time (12 hour shifts) and will become permanent for the right candidates.
This company offers many benefits to their full-time/permanent employees including a comprehensive benefits package, pension plan after 1 year of employment, a boot allowance and competitive skill-based pay from $18.00-$28.00 per hour. If you are looking to start your career and grow within a company, this is the opportunity for you!
• Packaging of pallets and rolls as they come off of treaters
• Assisting in the feeding of treaters and assisting cross-cutters in performing skid changes
• Operating various machinery and tools
• Maintaining supplies and materials used in packing
• Cleaning ovens during downtime
• Maintaining all health and safety standards
• Other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Strong communication skills
• Able to read and understand metric and imperial measurements
• Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
• Able to lift 25 pounds continuously and repetitively
• Comfortable standing and kneeling for extended periods
• Comfortable working in a hot environment (candidates will be exposed to dust and fumes from machinery)
• 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment required
• Secondary School diploma required
• Candidates must have reliable transportation to work
Due to the nature of the position, applicants will be asked if they have ever been convicted of a criminal offence for which a pardon has not been granted.
HOURS: Shifts rotate between days and nights (7-7)
RATE OF PAY: $18.00 per hour to start (all shifts)
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 905-377-8126 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.