- Machine Assembly Production & Service Manager
- Location: South Durham
- Job Type: Industrial
Production & Service Manager
Global Human Resource Centre is hiring a Production & Service Manager on behalf of our client in the Uxbridge area. This position is based near Uxbridge with the potential to be moved to Newmarket. This position is full-time and will become permanent for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will work with a small but dedicated team of machine assembly mechanics. The job entails organizing and overseeing the assembly and field service of the machines, performing assembly/service tasks, and reporting to upper management.
Why Work Here?
This company offers a competitive salary, performance bonuses and future benefits package to their full-time/permanent employees.
• Oversee, instruct and mentor employees on a variety of tasks and schedules to achieve or surpass performance goals
• Organize and monitor the status of work equipment and supplies to eliminate unforeseen downtime and delays
• Report to management on progress and issues on a regular basis according to prescribed procedures
• Read, interpret, follow and present to co-workers written and oral instructions, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials and other instructions to accurately assemble a variety of parts
• Work alongside employees, utilizing a variety of hand-held tools such as electric drills, grinders, screw drivers, wrenches, measuring and cutting tools, and a variety of shop equipment such as a mill, lathe, band saw and drill press
• Perform work checks to ensure quality standards are met, including bolt torque, alignment, rotation and contamination
• Identify part defects or damages, and rework and/or repair parts according to specifications
• Occasionally travel to customer sites in Ontario to perform routine maintenance and inspections
• Complete check lists and documents relating to assembly processes, repairs and service work
• Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area
• Other duties as required
• Able to lift 20-50 pounds regularly
• Good manual dexterity to put parts and fasteners together quickly and accurately
• Good vision including close, distance, colour, peripheral vision, depth perception, and focus
• Able to tolerate skin contact with motor and hydraulic fluids, grease, paint and other chemicals
• Strong reading and writing skills
• Strong computer and email navigation skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Able to rapidly troubleshoot problems, including in the field
• Strong attention to detail and self-motivation skills
• Related College Diploma and/or Technical training required
• Minimum of 5 years of mechanical assembly/manufacturing experience with proven aptitude for managing teams, problem solving, and continual learning
• Hands-on experience with building or repairing agricultural, construction or similar equipment is an asset
• Familiarity with mobile hydraulics and low voltage electrical systems is an asset
• Valid G Class Driver’s Licence required
• Must have own transportation to work
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 416-285-6858 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. is committed to treating all applicants with dignity and respect, we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.