- Heavy Equipment Service Manager
- Location: Peterborough
- Job Type: Office
Heavy Equipment Service Manager
Our client is seeking a Heavy Equipment Service Manager with a Farm/Agriculture, Construction, Heavy Duty Mechanic or Forestry background. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a service team that provides high quality workmanship and customer service in the Peterborough area. The ideal candidate will have strong customer service skills, knowledge of heavy equipment operation and 3-5 years of management experience.
RESPONSIBILITIES (MAY INCLUDE SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING):
• Consult with customers on all levels of service including, but not limited to, repairs, cost of repairs, deliveries, warrantees, proper care and maintenance, and trade-in information
• Maintain an organized library of warranty claims, past and future deliveries, trade-in values, service manuals, and all other documentation regularly used for the repair and purchasing of fleet equipment
• Coordinate closely with the sales department and parts department to ensure parts required are in stock and/or being purchased, proper recommendations are being made in regards to equipment purchasing, and that used equipment is being evaluated properly in regards to trade-in values
• Monitor, train, evaluate, and orientate all members of the service team to ensure work is being completed in a timely fashion while also meeting appropriate equipment maintenance standards, and complying with occupational health and safety guidelines
• Maintain a high customer service standard and apply appropriate training to members of the service department
• Conduct monthly work place inspections to ensure policies and procedures regarding corporate health and safety standards are being complied with, deadlines are being met, technicians and other service workers are completing work orders efficiently and properly, and address any other concerns as needed
• Ensure that new machines and machines going out on demonstration are clean and in “ready to go” condition, and that follow-up service is conducted as required and in line with factory warranty
• Delegate daily tasks to and manage all staff in the service team
• Manage and make suggestions for the operating budget with other department heads
• Initiate performance counselling and take disciplinary action for non-compliance in matters related to health and safety and all other company regulations
• Other duties as required
• Mechanic’s licence or equivalent experience in the heavy equipment service industry
• Valid Ontario driver’s licence
• 2-year certificate from college or technical school an asset
• 3-5 years of management experience preferred
• Organization and communication skills must be highly developed
• Computer skills need to be broad based
• Able to stand/walk for 8 hours
• Able to lift 25 kilos or 50 lbs unassisted and carry as required
• Able to twist, turn, reach and work above shoulder level
SALARY: Compensation to be discussed during telephone interview
The role is Monday to Friday and would be approximately 50 hours/week
HOW TO APPLY: Please forward your “Service Manager” resume, phone our office at 705-745-6858 for more information or apply in person at Global Human Resource Centre, Suite #103, 159 King St, Peterborough between the hours of 9:00am to 3:00pm with your resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. is committed to treating all applicants with dignity and respect, we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.