- Traffic Control Person
- Location: Cobourg
- Job Type: Construction
Traffic Control Person
Global Human Resource Centre is hiring Traffic Control Persons (Flaggers) for a local paving company in Northumberland County. This is a casual/seasonal position that is perfect for a summer student or someone looking to make a little extra money.
No previous experience in the construction industry is necessary. Successful candidates will receive their Traffic Control Certification. Candidates must have their own vehicle to travel to various job sites in Northumberland County.
• Responsible for directing the flow of traffic on or near worksite
• Follow directions of lead hand
• Maintain awareness of road and traffic conditions
• Communicate with other traffic control people as needed
• Other duties as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Good oral communication skills
• Able to follow directions
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Comfortable being exposed to all types of weather conditions
• Flexible with schedule and travel
• Valid driver’s licence and access to vehicle required
• Must be willing to travel around Northumberland County as job locations fluctuate
• Traffic Control Certification – training is offered by Global Human Resource Centre
START TIME: 7:00am
Candidates must be available on short notice (on-call)
RATE OF PAY: $14.25 per hour
HOW TO APPLY: Please apply below or phone our office at 905-377-8126 for more information.
Global Human Resource Centre Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.